Doodles

I think I was trying to do abstract faces with lines here. Somehow the doodles at the bottom of the picture seem to fit with the contours above. I don’t remember the canvas so I probably painted over it. Sometimes what you paint is not what you want and you have to scrap it. Sometimes you fool yourself into thinking somethings OK when it really isn’t. I like some things and they just won’t work…. I may try and alter this in a digital app? Don’t know. I think this image is about three or four years old….

Landscape

I love playing with things as you know. I add textures or add colours, mirror things or duplicate them. Art is exciting. Not every image is good, some work, others don’t. But playing with things helps you learn new things. Scientists experiment, that’s how they changed from Alchemists to chemist’s or physicists or biologists or mathematicians. They took things and learnt how they worked. That’s basically what I hope I do. Maybe not as logically or not done in an organised way, but I try.

Flood filled

A digital drawing that I used texture and flood fill on. I feel like the result is somehow alien, maybe some sort of spiritual feeling. Maybe it’s the colours that seem like stained glass. The purple coming down the nose reminds me of a helmet with light shining on it. The front of the body could be interpreted as a chest plate or armour.

When you are adding texture it’s interesting to decide when to stop. The same with the flood fill. Too much or not enough? I think you learn as you go along what sort of image you want.

Moon photos

My camera phone won’t get a good picture of the moon because it won’t zoom in enough. So I can’t get details. In this case I wanted to get less glare. On auto (final picture), all the foreground is lit and the moon glares out, plus the photo was taken through the kitchen window that needs cleaning. The other three were all taken on manual, again the camera doesn’t have the magnification to show details, but at least the glare is reduced. The first two show the moon peeping out from behind the neighbours roof. One is a slightly lower exposure than the other, at least they are slightly atmospheric. The third one is a fuzzy blob, but you can tell its a round object. It’s had the glare cut out….. Maybe time to get a telescope?

Ink and glitter

Thinking about making backgrounds, I tried using some green sparkly ink. It’s meant to spray out, but the spray nozzle won’t work, so I unscrewed the top and dragged the ink in lines with the plastic tube that dips into the ink. Then I added some black ink lines. Finally I used a gold, round glitter stamp. Of course I had forgotten to clean it from last time I used it, so it didn’t work as well as I wanted.

I don’t know what I could use this for. It looks a bit like trellis work in a garden so I might try adding images of flowers? Maybe in an analogue way or digitally. It could also be used for a screen print for perhaps a silk scarf?

Crow painting

Crow painting from 2017. Acrylic on canvas with gold leaf. It was an experiment which I felt came out OK. Its from my imagination. It was only about six inches square.

I did a series of small paintings over the last few years, mainly for sale in craft fairs, they were quite popular. I wish I was doing more, but it’s pointless at the moment as I would just be creating more art with no outlet to sell it. Anyway I hope things get back to some form of normal in the next six months to a year……. Xxx

Drawing with nail varnish

This is a thing now. I had a sketchy picture of my hubby done on black paper. I’d used pastels to do the drawing back in September, but after playing with nail varnish to draw a landscape view, I decided to use them on the drawing. It certainly had an interesting effect. It’s shiny and the colours change depending on where the light bounces off. I finished it off with adding a few lines with a silver marker pen. It reminds me of oil on water.

Second idea

_20200719_165850

Fireworks. That’s what this is called. This is my second variation using four initial A6 images on an A3 page. I played with the background I did yesterday, with more black ink, more shading, but I added iridescent white to brighten plus thin strips of paper to try and make little explosions to brighten it.

Next step may be to swap a couple of images. I might cut into one or two of them. We will see….