Two days of hard work to tie up all the loose ends of this semesters college work. I only hope it all makes sense. I tried fitting imges on a word document, they came out tiny on the PDF. I tried using PowerPoint, it played up, and the images are huge! Ah well, computers are not my speciality.
At least now I can think about life outside of college for a couple of weeks till the start of the next semester. I can try and catch up with life.
A pattern of splodges and marks in ink and paint. What can I turn it into if I draw over it? I’m not sure, it might be a series of faces, eyes, animal heads. People dancing. Whatever is there I will try and find it.
There is a friend of mine on Facebook who creates art from patterns like ghus. She calls it Shibui Found Art. She creates wonderful pictures, maybe I can try and do something with this.
I decided to do a simple drawing and painting of one of my cats looking out the window. Then I thought I would use the bubble wrap I’d added black paint to. I stuck it on so it acts as a flap. Now it looks like net curtains. The black splodges also give the bare branched tree a few leaves!
I used monoprint black splodges for this. They were collaged onto a page I’d printed dots from bubble wrap covered in black paint. I realised I could make out two goldfish in the patterns. So I used watercolours and black ink to complete the picture. Slightly reminds me of Japanese woodblock images.
Ten minute portrait studies with black paint splodges from bubble wrap. I used watercolour and black ink pens for the portraits. We did some minoprint a few weeks back but I found gluing down bits of paper then drawing over the top difficult so tried this instead. It also makes you consider where to paint the face!
We were using found items to add interest. My favourite is the pot of brushes obscuring the face of one of the sitters.
I use a piece of plastic to keep my acrylic paints moist between using them. A little bit of each paint sticks to the plastic. So I pressed it against a tiny 3 inch square canvas. I did it over and over, rubbing the plastic down onto the canvas and turning it round each time. When I looked at the result I thought it looked like reflections on a pool so added curves to look like ripples from drops of rain. Just simple…