I did the drawing of a fingerprint for today’s #bandofsketchers prompt but there was some question of whether this was in line with the prompt. So I decided to do a fingerprint out of black monoprinting cut up in a collage. That didn’t really work because I couldn’t stick thin enough pieces of paper down. So it’s morphed into a rather cheeky couple of birds!
I decided to do a simple drawing and painting of one of my cats looking out the window. Then I thought I would use the bubble wrap I’d added black paint to. I stuck it on so it acts as a flap. Now it looks like net curtains. The black splodges also give the bare branched tree a few leaves!
I used monoprint black splodges for this. They were collaged onto a page I’d printed dots from bubble wrap covered in black paint. I realised I could make out two goldfish in the patterns. So I used watercolours and black ink to complete the picture. Slightly reminds me of Japanese woodblock images.
Ten minute portrait studies with black paint splodges from bubble wrap. I used watercolour and black ink pens for the portraits. We did some minoprint a few weeks back but I found gluing down bits of paper then drawing over the top difficult so tried this instead. It also makes you consider where to paint the face!
We were using found items to add interest. My favourite is the pot of brushes obscuring the face of one of the sitters.
I have been enjoying some print workshops at college.
We were shown how to create a printing surface by gluing tin foil to a board.
Then you paint it with black acrylic paint or ink.
Use impliments / household objects to make marks on the surface (sponge, pegs, coins, nails, comb etc). Each time you make marks place a sheet of paper on top and rub over with a bunched up pair of socks (stops you ripping the damp paper)
When your prints have dried you can cut them up and collage them. We did self portraits.
Cheap, fun and messy!