Dancer/music

I went a bit mad for this, today’s #bandofsketchers prompt dancer/music. Made a drawing in metallic watercolours of a ballet dancer, I didn’t base it on a particular pose. When it was finished I wasn’t happy so I drew over it, then changed it in the photo app on my phone . I’m including all three versions I saved.

Galaxy

Today’s #bandofsketchers prompt was Space. It is a favourite subject. I love the Sky at Night Programme on the BBC. I’ve tried to paint the Whirlpool galaxy, using Arteza metallic watercolours and some black and white acrylic. A bit splodgy but the detail on the photo was overwhelming.

Lamp

Metallic watercolours on black cartridge paper. I painted this back in February. I’m going over my college work and trying to select the ten best images, or the most experimental ones. I’ve got far to many to choose from but I like this, it’s got its problems, a bit rough round the edges, but I was just looking at someone else’s post and the way she used light and shade on figures, and it reminded me of this.

Old watercolour

I miss rainclouds, full of dark grey promise. We’ve had a few weeks of dry weather and apart from a few spots of rain this morning we’ve had nothing. With that and the cold, frosty mornings, it’s taking a while for the plants to grow. We have a few seedlings, but when I went to a garden nursery they had hardly any perennial plants ready for growing on. I for one am hoping for rain soon.

Valentines roses

Painted these roses, used metallic and plain paint, different effects depending on how the light hits the painting. I used quite opaque plain paints so they would show up on the black cartridge paper I used. Also it is part of my #bandofsketchers picture, the prompt was valentines day…

Dresdener Streizelmarkt

Today I joined #uskstoke for half an hour and painted this watercolour for the Saturday virtual sketch out. There were only a few of us but it was a nice chatty time. Good to catch up with people. I liked the colours and interesting architecture. Painting the letters was most difficult, trying to add white paint on top did not work brilliantly.