Metallic watercolours on black cartridge paper. I painted this back in February. I’m going over my college work and trying to select the ten best images, or the most experimental ones. I’ve got far to many to choose from but I like this, it’s got its problems, a bit rough round the edges, but I was just looking at someone else’s post and the way she used light and shade on figures, and it reminded me of this.
#30daysketchbookchallenge. Day 19, standard lamp with pink sparkling lampshade. Plus view of vegitation out of the window. The prompt was lamp and lampshade.
Drawn in marker pens. I went for bright colours. A little A5 sketch.
I do like odd images that happen as a happy accident. This is our lamp shade reflected in the side window. I think it’s a bit like a floating jellyfish or an emoji? The two dark patches are the eyes and the bright patch the nose. Rather than dismissing it as an error I started playing around with it….
Now it looks like strange eyes and a nose… Sometimes it’s a fun idea to explore and use your mistakes.
Not sure what ‘ee by gum’ means, I think it’s a polite way of saying ‘oh by god’ without blaspheming. I know it’s a phrase from Yorkshire. Anyway this photo of my hubbies flat cap hung on a little apple tree along with a lamp just said ‘northern’ to me. Today the sunshine has gone, its raining, so everything is getting wet. I’m still feeling a bit ill so I’ve just decided to have another quiet day. There are things I should be getting on with but I don’t feel up to it.
Ee by gum, in Yorkshire dialect… I feel tired, hope I feel better soon….
I did the jar late last night, 3am. Couldn’t easily paint inside so got some silver foil and cut our shapes. Fastened it on with loads of sellotape. Then I painted over it with abstract patterns. I painted the top too and then used a bit of matt varnish on it to hold it together a bit more. Finally I twisted some wire to hold a tea light, so I didn’t have to try and light it in the bottom of the jar.
I can use it in our summerhouse. The silver foil was a bit chunky because I was worried it would rip when I unfolded the cut out. The pattern I’m calling ‘graffiti’ , cos it looks a bit like the spray painting you get along the canal on the way to Etruria.
This was an idea for a weekly project we are doing in our Etruria Artists group.