Experimenting again with dragon ideas. This one is made up of a drawing coloured in with different nail varnishes and then duplicated and mirrored after adding texture digitally. The blurred section had the words ‘dragon scales’ written on it but I decided to blur that out.
Each of these experiments will be added to a portfolio of images that will go towards my final major project for college.
This textured doodle took me about an hour and a half to draw. I tried to change the patterns on it using line and soid black, curves and squares. Trying different line thicknesses. I cannot decide which way round this should be? I don’t think it really matters?
I see an alien, green figure in this landscape. By playing with filters you can get surreal effects. I think this had a feeling of ancient topiary. I used a texture and mirroring filter to change it and make it more interesting I hope.
Acrylic on canvas, a few more layers. The rough edges of his coat, where they touch the grass, need sorting out. The dig has got a silver coat and a collar and lead on which I’ve left out so I’m trying to decide where the shadows should fall and his fur. I think I’ve made some of it too yellow, I need daylight to check.
Abstract based on a green man jardinaire seen in Yorkshire and done using my old phone texture software (crude but it made interesting patterns). I actually miss it, I haven’t found anything that does it anymore.
Paeony or Peony? How do you spell it. I changed this photos texture in Photodirector, then changed its hue and saturation and finally used the curve tool to adjust the lightness and shadows. I feel it has a look of embroidered silk or satin. The petals are more defined than the original white flower. I like the yellow and blue greens on the leaves. If this was the true colours I would say that it was an ill plant. But as this is an edit of the original I think it gives an interesting effect.
The monoprint was made by rubbing paper onto black paint brushed onto silver foil and then scratched through a bit. I then cut out a shape to fit to the shape of the woman body and arm, side of the face and hair, (basically the shaded side of her face and body). This was a bit nerve wracking as I only had ten minutes to do the cutting out, sticking, and drawing the rest of the portrait. I used the monoprint from a stock of them I’d made already.
I’ve drawn a cat on a window ledge in front of a net curtain, its black and white and drawn with Autodesk Sketcher app and ArtRage app. But when I’ve tried to change the image size wordpress is saying media not found, so this image may not show up on the post… I’m publishing it these what happens…
Looking out of the screen, sad eyes, sad mouth. Playing with textures can change how we view an image. Somehow most of the face is similar to the background, but the eyes and mouth are less distorted. But the nose seems to de disappearing…