Orme art groups winter challenge was to take a numbered square from this Bonnard painting and try and copy it. Then when they are done by group members they are pieced back together as a final collaboration of the group.
I did one using felt pens and permanent markers. This one is done in watercolours. I’m not completely convinced by my painting but I’m not going to do any more to it. X
Painting by Bonnard. The art group I’m in are taking squares from this image and producing copies to be linked back together. I think the plan is to get it finished by the end of December. Plans are also being discussed to collaborate over a Christmas card. It’s good to be doing this despite being in lockdown again. At least we get to share artwork even if we don’t physically meet.
I think this is the third or fourth one we have done. I’ve already completed square 2 but I’m doing square 6 as well. I’m going to try and get it done soon.
Orme Art group collaboration on a Henri Rousseau painting done for August. We have all taken one or two squares and created this amalgamation of styles. Mine are the one with the head and the body of the guitar. It’s good to see everyones techniques and takes on the subject. How some bits don’t line up, but overall it has a wow factor. Hope you enjoy.
I started this month asking friends to share images that could be cropped into hexagonal shapes. Most of them have been added and I will share it next week. The idea was to have the selection finished by the end of July. I’m just hoping a couple more people come on board. I am a bit uncertain how good it will be to look at. But the individual images should work well together. Watch this space?
Nine if us from the Orme art group collaborated to do this copy of a Cezanne still life. Each had a chosen oblong to copy. Mine was the sixth. With part of a peach and a glass.
Interesting how it turned out. I used permanent markers and a bit of watercolour paint. My colour pallette was limited by the colours of the felt pens. The other tricky thing was pattern matching, getting the fruit to line up and the colours to match. I think we did a good job. Wouldn’t mind doing another one. X
I’m one of twelve artists from the Orme Art group who did this picture of Monets Poppies at Argenteuil. Mines the middle one on the left. I used permanent markers and coloured pencil. Others used paints including acrylic and watercolours. It’s good to collaborate.
What I like about this is the different styles and colours. It sort of brings a modern feel to a classic painting.
We have a large field nearby that has a similar aspect, on a slope and edged with trees and hedges. The area is under threat of development although it is quite an ancient piece of farmland. I hope it can be saved. Its called the Croft and its beautiful.