Varnish!

Argh! I started putting eyelets on the back of my paintings and the paint started to flake off! I don’t know why, but I think because it’s a different type of canvas. So I repainted the patches where it came off. Then I had the ‘brilliant’ idea to varnish it.

First get the top off the varnish bottle. It’s one of those push down and twist types. That took half an hour. Then paint it on. But one of my hairs fell on it! I tried to lift off the hair and the paint flaked again. So, a few more dabs of paint mixed in with the varnish. It was due in today. It might not get there! And I’m left with gummy hands.

On the bottle oven art trail.

I delivered my varnished bottle oven planter to the BID Art-trail today. Here’s the photo to prove it. See their website : https://thestoke2000.co.uk/artisan/?v=79cba1185463

I don’t think my photo is on yet but there are some really good images of around fifty bottle oven planters.

There is enough space in the top of the planter to fit a small pot. I think once the art trail display exhibition is over and I get it back I will plant it up with a strawberry plant or some trailing lobelia.

Child’s mural

FB_IMG_1581620688148

I did this mural of Mr Incredible about nine or ten years ago for someone’s son. The paint is acrylic because it’s easy to apply and dries within hours. I think it’s also quite stable. I used clear matt varnish over it and left about a centimeter margin of varnish all around the figure so the paint would not lift off. I’ve recently done a new mural for the family in their new house. I found out recently that my original murals (there were three others, Batman, Spiderman, and Superman) were painted over. Sad I know, but at least I gave some fun to the family while they were there.

X