Toy trains

DSC_2370

Came home to a broken toy train that my hubby said wasn’t working because a part has come loose. When we looked a wire had detached where the solder had broken. I tried heating up a knife blade and pressing it very hard onto the solder which melted but didn’t tack down. When I tried again with a hotter blade it burnt the solder away.

Finally I tried tacking it down with a bit of insulation tape, and when that didn’t work I tried a small piece of cardboard rolled up and tucked under an overhang of the engine to force the wire and metal strip into contact. As he has taken it away to the shed, and as he hasn’t come back in I’m hoping it’s worked.

Later he came in, it was not successful, he had a problem with it making big bangs! So it had made a connection, just the wrong one! Oops!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.